Wednesday, April 4, 2007

In a whirlwind!

Wow, things in my life just went absolutely insane since my last post... not all bad, but definitely not all fantastic either. I've learned exactly how cool my friends are and I am sooo incredibly thankful for them. Anyway, let's take a look at what's happened recently:

-I was given a final monetary/position/location/start date offer for the new branches of the bank opening in Westchester County. I'll be opening two branches as a Senior Financial Services Associate: the first one in Scarsdale and the second in White Plains. The salary isn't quite what I was hoping for, but it's still a substantial raise. And I'll have my own branch, a promotion and a big ol' feather in my cap if I really show them what I've got and sell like a maniac. Oh! And I passed my New York Notary Exam!! w00t!

-I started looking for apartments in New York. One of my new colleagues found me a place in the Bronx, but they wanted me to move before my raise kicked in and I really just don't see myself living in the Bronx. The apartment was really nice though and the location was really convenient. I've been looking more at apartment shares in White Plains though, and that seems to be a happier choice.

-I chopped my hair off. Yup, like 8 inches.

-I've been true to my religion aka. been drunk a lot.

-I am now driving my father's Lexus.

-My grandmother may be dying. But this isn't such a bad thing. She's been living a horrible life, trapped in her head and in hospitals for the last 30 years. Earlier this week she caught a high fever and they thought she had pneumonia, so they took her to the ER. She was sick so she just went to sleep, but she refuses to wake up. According to the doctors there's nothing physically wrong with her and technically she's just sleeping, but they've moved her to hospice anyway, since there's really nothing they can do for her. She's not on life support of any kind, so if she decides to wake up, she wakes up. If she doesn't, she doesn't. Honestly, I can't think of a more peaceful way to go... truly in her sleep of old age.

-I'm in love.

-I've realized that I have the most awesome friends in the world.

-Andrea convinced me to go with her and the boys (Ryan, Nick and Ryan), to Foxwoods to see Rachel in the Belvedere Vodka Fashion Show. Oh my GOD, we had a fucking amazing time! We paid for just about nothing all night: free Belvedere drinks; some guy lost big and wanted to feel like a man, so he bought me a filet mignon/lobster dinner and paid for Andrea & Rachel's food too; I kept wandering away and reappearing more drunk than before; we hit up the fashion show after-party and I nabbed some Johnny Walker Blue... And then, just to top off my night, I decided to play blackjack... at a poker table.

-My Auntie Mary Margaret Meyers is still my favorite confidant.

-It's Ashley Spencer's Birthday today!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

-I've realized that my roommate is absolutely irreplaceable.

-Whether he agrees or not, I have a great boyfriend.

-St. Paddy's Day still never measures up to the day of the Parade. And the Parade Day was fucking awesome.

-Blades of Glory is the movie that EVERYONE must see!!! HILARIOUS! Will Farrell is my hero. (Next to Sally, of course)

-Andrea and I are the chicken fighting champions.

-I'm giving at least 5 garbage bags full of clothes to charity and I still don't have enough closet space.

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of any right now. I'm sure I'll add more later. But yes, I am a busy woman.

2 comments:

Net-Watch said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ryan said...

i honestly thought you mentioned me twice in the foxwoods trip until i remembered there was another ryan with us.