Thursday, March 15, 2007

In my life

I'm not feeling so hot today and while I've been home from work watching TV and studying for my New York Notary exam and considering finishing my paper for school I've been thinking about what I really want in my life. Like to travel the world.

I want to save up as much money as I possibly can, pay off my bills and travel. Honestly, I don't even know all the places that I would want to go. I just want to do it. I want to have a traveling adventure. I want to make new friends in new places, although I don't necessarily want to do it alone... although I do want to have this adventure before I have kids. I'm not saying that I never want to travel with my future children, I just don't want to do it for a year.

That's another "thing" I want. I want kids. I think I want three; at least one boy and one girl. I want them to grow up healthy and happy and to have a big, loving family around them... but who doesn't? Strangely, I also want them to be normal and misbehave a bit. I don't want to be too old when I have them. I don't want to be 30 and just starting my family. Not that it hasn't worked out well for other people in my family that have (my mom didn't have me until she was 29, my brother until she was 39; my early-30s cousin is pregnant with her first), I just don't want that for me. I do think I'd make a great mom though.

But before I have kids, I want to marry. Oh and I only want to marry once and to that same man until we die. This is the only area that worries me... I don't exactly have perfect examples of great relationships in my life. I suppose there's one example in my family, but I really don't know very much about how they got together. I do know that they spend almost 24/7 together and that this isn't a first marriage for either of them. So this one I don't really know how to get to. But I'll keep trying to figure it out. And no, I'm not afraid of being alone. In fact, being alone is more comfortable for me than being with someone. I'm not sure if that's normal or not... or how to change it.

Other than those three things I just want a life full of fun, friends and adventures. I want a professional life, a social life and a family life. I think I'm on my way to accomplishing most of these things. In fact, I have a great professional life right now and my friends are the best I've ever had! It's a little (ok a lot) scary starting over in New York, but I should be fine.

No comments: