Monday, February 26, 2007

You may or may not know

I do a radio show once a week with my family. Honestly, it's one of the most fun things that I do and it guarantees me time with them once per week. I love being with them- they're so energetic and wise; I have more respect for their opinions a lot of the time than even my own parents (sorry Mama and Papi!) mostly because they seem to be wrong a whole lot less. Don't get me wrong, they have incredibly wacky ideas, but when you clear off the funk, you get to some pretty good stuff. I think that might be the key to life: clearing off the funk. It ain't always easy though!

Anyway, I'm taking this "new" job in New York. It's still People's Bank just in a new location. It's really exciting and kind of scary, but Sally, Soapy, Mary Margaret and Steve have been really encouraging. Every time I say "I don't know if I want to go" they say "You're going." Anyway, as the opening date approaches, it's getting more and more exciting and more and more scary! I haven't found a place to live yet. I haven't found a subletter for my apartment yet. I have all kinds of fantastic friends in New Haven that I selfishly don't want to leave behind because they make me feel like a superstar and into an area where I know very few people. I do have some family out there, but I'm not sure how much I can draw on them for "popularity." It's also scary because I just found out that I'm going out there with MUCH more responsibility than I've had at any other branch. This is great- it's what I wanted but the realization of the fact that my life needs to become much more career-focused is kind of slapping me on the forehead. It's certainly what I've been asking for, but I didn't think they'd give it to me this quickly. They're obviously expecting big things for me. I better knuckle down and exceed their expectations!

Oh, but my social life... Boy do I love my social life. I wonder how my bosses will feel if I dance on the counters. And my love life... leaving my current beau behind isn't really ideal.

C'est la vie; it'll certainly be an adventure! And adventure is this princess' lifeline!

No comments: